Servicing and our Workshop
Criterium Cycles are main dealers for Trek, Electra, Bianchi and Frog bikes.
Due to the the increasing use of proprietary technology within the cycle industry, Criterium Cycles only service the brands of bikes that we supply through the store. We are also unable to fit parts that aren’t supplied by ourselves. This is so as we can offer proper warranty and service support on all parts fitted and guarantee the quality of all works carried out. It will also avoid any performance and compatibility issues with parts particularly with the increasing amount of grey-import, O.E.M products and in some cases counterfeit items that are on the market. All parts supplied by Criterium Cycles come from official suppliers and distributors and are supplied with a full UK warranty.
It is really important you look after your bike and keep it well maintained. A regularly maintained and serviced bike is not only safer and more enjoyable to ride, it will also last longer and ensure your overall cost of ownership is as low as possible. No-one likes grinding gears and squeaky brakes, and regular effective maintenance and servicing ensures your bike is always at its very best.
We have set up our workshop up to be able to carry out pretty much any servicing or technical job that our customers might possibly want.
The heart of any workshop are the technicians who work in it. At Criterium Cycles, we are lucky to have some of the very best technicians around who are trained to industry leading standards and have many years of experience between them. Our technicians receive regular technical training from leading brands such as Trek, Bianchi, Shimano, Bosch, and Sram to ensure we maintain consistency, are always up to date with the latest technology and apply the very latest best practice standards.
We don’t cut corners at Criterium Cycles. We believe that only the very best tools and equipment should be used to service the bikes that we sell. So our workshop has
- A complete Park Tools Master Mechanic Tool Set.
- Rozone Parts Washer.
- Shimano Di2 Diagnostics Kit.
- Bosch eBike Diagnostics Kit.
- Trek and Bianchi manufacturer specific frame service kits.
We pride ourselves on doing a great job every time. To make sure we do that, we set ourselves some pretty exacting standards. We make sure the workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times. A messy workshop means a messy attitude as far as we are concerned.
We have kept things really simple so as not to bamboozle anyone with bicycle techno-speak because we know how irritating that can be. You can choose from one of our 3 easy to understand service packages or, we are able to provide you with a quotation for individual jobs.
The first thing we will do on receiving the bike is assess it for condition and need. We will then provide you with a report and a full quotation of what we think needs doing to the bike so you know precisely, and up front, what the total cost of the service is going to be plus any parts that may be required.
We carry out this assessment irrespective of what service works the bike has been booked in for because we know through experience that owners do appreciate the peace of mind that comes from a trained technician having a look at their bike in detail. However, the Criterium commitment is that we will never start any task on your bike without checking with you first both that you are happy with what we are proposing as well as the cost to be incurred.
Bronze Service (from £35 ex.parts)
- Inspect drivetrain and set up gears
- Inspect Braking system and set up brakes
- Inspect and Inflate tyres
- Safety check all bolts and fittings
Silver Service (from £65 ex.parts)
- Everything included in Bronze PLUS
- Frame and forks checked and inspected for any damage
- Remove and degrease chain and cassette
- Clean and lubricate gear and brake cables
- Spoke tension and true
- Check operation and adjustment of hubs, headset and bottom bracket
Gold Service (from £120 ex.parts)
- Everything included in Silver PLUS
- Complete stripdown and degrease of all drivetrain components
- Strip down, clean and service of all serviceable bearings
- Bleed brakes (if hydraulic brakes are fitted)
- Conduct DI2 gear firmware update (if DI2 system fitted)
Custom Wheel Building (from £40 ex.parts)
- Parts available from leading manufacturers such as DT Swiss, Shimano and many more.
- Contact us for further information on our custom built wheels.
The list of jobs we can carry out for you is almost endless. Individual jobs can be undertaken on a case by case basis and are charged at our standard labour rate of £40 per hour. Just call us on 0131 663 6220 and we’ll be happy to quote.